Tuesday 4 November 2014

Aromatic profiles : OAKMOSS


AROMATIC PROFILES : OAKMOSS



This very precious and special ingredient has to be one of my very favourite oils - made from the lichen which grows on oak trees in Morocco and Yougaslavia.

It is solvent extracted and forms part of the Woody group of notes.

Now banned in the EU ( and causing huge heartache amoung purist perfumers ) due to the high number of people who are allergic to it. How pitifully short sighted .

My argument is that masses of people are allergic to peanuts but peanuts don't get banned outright. Packages have to carry warnings ....... so why not with Oakmoss ? seems crazy to throw the baby out with bathwater as the saying goes.
Well, I am jolly glad that I live in Africa and can use whatever I like to make my perfumes . Believe me - oakmoss and I have a great future ahead

It has a deep rich mossy earthy woody smell. You can really appreciate the mossy aspect - it reeks of the forest floor with compost and cool wet earth. I know it has incredible carrying capacity and extends the life of a perfume hugely.

I am in love .............

No comments:

Post a Comment