Tuesday 4 November 2014

Making Tinctures and Infusions : Fresh Vanilla Pod Extract

MAKING TINCTURES AND INFUSIONS


Yesterday I had a visit from my customers Zabeen and Pana who have a store in Mauritius

and just imagine my delight when they presented me with a precious wonderful gift .....

three huge bundles of fresh vanilla pods from madagascar

Ooooh sheer DELIGHT


I immediately set about airing them in the warm sun to prevent mould from forming as they are still fresh and soft and moist

I had Desteney and Julia sitting for a couple of  days removing the vanilla caviar pod by pod and then mixing them with Vodka for a vanilla tincture and a spearate concoction of Jojoba oil for an oil based version

 This is going to be sooooooo yummy in a few months' time - just can't wait




No comments:

Post a Comment