Sunday 12 October 2014

Aromatic profiles : Clary Sage

AROMATIC PROFILES : CLARY SAGE


Part of the sage family botanically speaking , Clary Sage is an aromatic in perfumery terms.
the entire plant is steam distilled in its native Russia and Hungary.

It smells quite green and grassy moss to me - with a bit of fennel/dill liquorice fern like greens in there. There is definitely a twigginess which leans towards nuttiness. A little bit of mouldiness comes thorugh on the strip and it makes me think of an old watermill smell without it becoming like musty socks !

I like the grassiness it delivers and have yet to really discover the versalitility of its modifier note status.
I found it to be medium in volatility becoming more pastel over time.
I think I can smell the gerianol but am not completely sure.
This is when I wish I had fellow students to bounce ideas off while sitting together - sniffing !
Studying remotley certainly has it challenges 








No comments:

Post a Comment